Website terms and conditions
Changes to these Terms
Photographs and footage submitted by Water Explorer schools/groups to Global Action Plan UK or its delivery partners, either uploaded to the website or shared by other means may be used by Global Action Plan, its delivery partners or HSBC for publicity purposes, this includes but is not exclusive to use in both print and digital marketing materials, on social media and in films and presentations.
Other terms and conditions
Water Explorer has been developed by Global Action Plan UK in partnership with Global Action Plan Ireland, FEE France, Agado (Germany), Global Action Plan Spain, InEuropa (Italy), FDDM (Switzerland), Global Action Plan Poland, Green Rock Bermuda, WESSA (South Africa), Mikado Consulting (Turkey). Water Explorer is supported by the HSBC Water Programme
Competitions and Prizes
1. All schools/groups with students up to the age of 16 from any of the participating countries are eligible for the programme prizes and incentives.
2. A team must comprise predominantly of students with a maximum age of 16 years old who attend the school/group which entered the team.
3. Multiple teams per school/group can take part however a school/group can only register one team on the website.
4. Only one entry per registered team.
5. The competition year runs from September 2017 – July 2018.
Team of the Month
1. Start month: February 2015
2. Closing month: July 2018
3. Winners will be announced on the regional homepage for each participating country. Team of the Month winners will also be eligible for promotion to be the internationally featured Team of The Week.
4. Team of the Month will be judged against the following categories:
Water Workshops and Festivals
1. A select number of top-performing teams in each country will be chosen to receive Water Workshops and festivals with the support of their local delivery partner.
2. Water Workshop period likely to be November 2017 - June 2018. Please contact local delivery partner for detailed timings.
3. Water Festival period likely to be May - July 2018. Please contact local delivery partner for detailed timings.
4. In order to be considered for Water Workshops and Water Festivals, teams will be judged against the following criteria:
1. A shortlisted number of the highest performing Water Festival teams will be chosen as regional finalists and will be in with a chance of being crowned as the regional winning team.
2. Finalist teams will be judged against the following criteria:
3. Finalist teams will be invited to present their Water Explorer journey to a panel of key decision-makers (such as representatives from HSBC, local delivery partner and subject matter experts) at a regional finalists’ celebration event.
4. Regional winning teams: the panel of key decision-makers will choose one finalist team to be chosen as the overall regional winner based on their presentation at the celebration event.
5. Contact the local delivery partner for the celebration event date.
1. The winning team from each region will be presented to an international judging panel to be in with a chance of being crowned overall international Water Explorer champion team.
2. The panel of judges will choose one finalist team to be the overall winner.
1. The judges’ decisions are final and binding in all respects on all teams. No correspondence will be entered into. Teams that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will not be considered for prizes.
2. All individual team data collected will be used solely for the purposes of administering the prizes and will not be shared with any other persons.
3. Other prizes may be awarded on an ad hoc basis over the course of the competition. The award of any such prizes is entirely at the discretion of the judges.